Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let's decorate!


Gee, it's been a while since I posted last.  So much to do, so little time!  (whine, whine!).  I finally had some time today to do something I've been promising  -- to show you some samples of how to decorate the back side of your Craft-Dee BowZ.  Now you may ask, why would I want to do that?  Ummm, because you can??  As crafters, many of us like to personalize our toys and, truthfully, the Craft-Dee BowZ is just begging for just that.  When not in use (which isn't often), I hang my Craft-Dee BowZ within reach, but while it's just hangin' around, it's looking pretty!  So without any further delay, I thought I'd show you two samples of my boards (ones I use for shows and demos).  I hope you enjoy them and that it gets those creative juices flowing!

The first one I did at the suggestion of a store owner who just got this "Fight Like a Girl" paper in -- it's geared quite specifically for breast cancer.  While, thankfully, this has not personally affected me, I know many women that it has.  And so, I made this in honor of them.

This is comprised of two different papers from Fight Like a Girl.  First I cut the striped piece to fit the entire BACK of my Craft-Dee BowZ (this may sound silly, but you really don't want to cover the front as you'll cover the holes for your dowels.)  I just cut a portion of the border from another piece from the same collection and decoupaged it to the top and bottom of my Craft-Dee BowZ.  I did add a small scalloped piece in black to make the top border pop a little.  Part of this paper also included the center emblem with the breast cancer ribbon.  Never one to leave well enough alone, I glittered the ribbon in the center and the little white dots in the top border.  Here's another view of how I finished it off with ribbon all around the Craft-Dee BowZ -- do note the little 1" bow that I finished it off with!

Now the second one is quite a bit different.  I'm such a glitter girl, so much so that one of my students bought me a stamp at the convention that reads "a glittering face is the mark of a true stamper".  (Thanks Pat!)  First, what I did was sprayed text weight paper (I'm sure you can you regular card stock -- this was just handy) with Glimmer Mists in gold and aqua and let dry.  I then cut it to fit the back of the Craft-Dee BowZ and ran it through an embossing folder and decoupaged it.  Next, I used micro glitter and peel-offs  for the butterfly and flowers, etc., cut them out and decoupaged them to the back to create a pleasing effect.  Here's the second one.


Lastly, I wrapped satin ribbon around the perimeter of the Craft-Dee BowZ and used a double sided tape to keep it in place.  Here's another view of the butterfly one.


If you click on any of these pictures, you will see a close up view and the glitter will be quite evident.

Well, that's it for now!  I hope I've inspired you a little.  We will be doing a contest somewhere down the road for "Best of Show" for any of you who want to decorate and submit pictures of your Craft-Dee BowZ and there will be a prize for the winner as well.  Guess I'd better get crackin' on that!

I'd love to hear from you, so don't be afraid to comment.  

Donna