Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Craft-Dee BowZ Layer Upon Layer

Good Morning Sweet Friends, I'm so glad you dropped in!  Today I want to share with you a card I made for Craft Dee BowZ with the theme of 'Layer Upon Layer'...

RebeccaDeeprose FreshBeginning-1

There are so many aspects of this card that I enjoyed making!  I must tell you about a very special bow that I made with my Craft Dee BowZ tool.  There is a single loop bow made from 1" wide ribbon and behind it is tucked a triple loop bow, slightly smaller (in width) and gathered at the top of the single bow.  Long tails were left on both and trimmed to layer the effect.  I just love the effect!...

RebeccaDeeprose FreshBeginning-2

The sentiment reminds me of the gift we are given of each new day.  It's accented with embossing powders in white and ivory and some coarser gold metallic chunks.  The patterned paper panel is covered with 2 wide bands of lace and my favorite style of gossamer butterfly has alighted on the sentiment panel...

RebeccaDeeprose FreshBeginning-3

The bow is accented by two small blossoms, die cut from a lightweight watercolor paper and accented with distress inks in antique linen and frayed burlap, then sprayed with water to move and dilute the inks. Tiny cream colored pearls were nestled into the centers...

RebeccaDeeprose FreshBeginning-4
In addition to the bow having layers, the bottom of this card is accented with 6 layers of lace, paper ruffles, punched edges and trims.  It speaks to the vintage and shabby chic loving heart of me!
I'm also entering this card into these challenges for some added fun!
Thanks for stopping in and I hope to be back very soon~

Sending you blessings and ((hugs)),