Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fairy Much Love To You!

Well, here's my card for Craft-Dee BowZ and I'll be posting my card on the 4th Tuesday of each month for their monthly challenge. I'm so lucky to have been invited to this team!  And yes, because it is the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge, there will always be ribbon/lace and a bow on my challenge card. The challenge this month is ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW!

I used an adorable image from Emerald Faeries and colored her with Copics.


I really like working with the colors pink and red and I loved this ribbon sent to me by Craft-Dee BowZ to use this month so this card was an easy challenge for me. The paper is from my new pack from Wild Rose Crafts and I used a Fiskars heart punch on the pink paper and then punched it again with pink glitter paper and I put the hearts in the punched out holes. My Helpful Tip: When you use punches like this, save the hearts, stars or the part that punches out, in a small clear jar so you can re-use as embellishments on cards. The heart and flourish die is by Magnolia and cut out of the same pink glitter paper as the hearts. And that beautiful rose and leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the rose buds are from I Am Roses, all of which are new purchases! If you have never visited I Am Roses, please click on the link above. I was given these rosebuds as part of a Christmas present and love them so much that just this past Sunday I placed my first order. I LOVE pretty flowers on my cards and they are definitely a favorite of mine! I used the wire from the stems of the flowers and curled them around a bamboo skewer to make them twirly and then glued them in the flower bouquet. The three jewels in the bottom right corner are by Prima and although I've had the pack of cut jewels for a while, this is the first time I opened the pack. My goal this year is to stop feeling like my supplies are too pretty to use and open those packages!

I used Warm Glitter Ritz on her wings and on the floating hearts. I love that glitter..it's so fine and has such a great iridescent glow. I also like it because once you put it on (and I use a glue pen), it stays on. The rubber stamp sentiment "love" is by Impression Obsession and it fit so perfect on this image in the space I had available. I used brown ink when I stamped it so it maintains the soft feeling of this little image. Oh, I used a Spellbinder die to cut the 'torn paper' around the image. I don't tear paper well so this Nestabilities set is a good one for me. The hardest part of this card? Putting grass on the bottom of the image so she wasn't 'floating'. I had the hardest time with this and groaned as I put grass over my colored image. She colored up so great for me and then I felt like I was defacing her putting green grass over my coloring. I know...crazy, huh?


I know, for a fact, that this bow came out as great as it did due to the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. There's no doubt in my mind because the center of the bow came out really well. Normally my center knots don't, so if you look at my cards, I almost always put a button, flower or SOMETHING over the knot in my bow. This one I didn't have to do that. This is the first time my bow came out so great the first time. I didn't make the bow more than once! This is a double bow and the instructions how to make one of these types is here. And that brass charm in the center tied on with embossing thread is by Vintaj.

So this is my card and my perfect bow. I warned everyone a month ago that I was going to make some fabulous bows, and here's one of them!  I hope you'll join the challenge at Craft-Dee Bowz this month...time is running out! Remember, the challenge is:  ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW!!


                                                                             Hugs,
                                                                              Gail