Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hello Little Butterfly!

Being that today is the 4th Tuesday in the month, it's my day to post. This month we each made a fancy fold card. I used this adorable image by Di's Digi named Hello Butterfly. For those of you surrounded by snow, I hope my card makes your toes feel warmer.


I don't make many fancy fold cards so this was my attempt. The paper is by Doodlebug, the fence die is by Magnolia; the cloud die is by Die-Namics, and the sentiment die is by Cheery Lynn. The flowers (and I added tiny rhinestones in the middle of each one) and leaves (I painted over each with my Wink of Stella green pen) are miscellaneous punches and the grass die is by Memory Box and was cut 4 times in 4 different green papers. Below is a sideview so you can see my fold and how I 'layered' my fence, grass/flowers and image.


And here's a close up of this adorable Di's Digi image. I colored my image with Copics, but this time I used a different paper and am disappointed with it. My usual paper, Neenah Super Smooth, didn't bleed like this paper did. I really did color within the lines, honest! So, I'm off to purchase more of my Neenah.


And I HAVE to show off my bow. I used my Craft-Dee Bowz tool and couldn't have made a such a pretty bow without it. I added this cute orange enameled metal butterfly with a piece of embroidery thread. I love embroidery thread since it comes in so many different colors and is easy to tie a bow, unlike some of the wax coated threads. I thread embroidery thread in all my buttons, too (on other cards).


Since this is the 4th and last Tuesday of the month and our challenge is monthly, guess what...you need to get your cards posted on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog where the topic is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW this week by February 28. I hope you'll join in since the prize is a reel of ribbon and who doesn't want a reel a ribbon!

                                                                                    Hugs,
                                                                             Gail