Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tea Time!

Vicki here....it's my turn up on the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog today.

 The Design Team is working with "Fancy Folds" and colors of blue, purple and white this month.  I chose a Tea Bag Fold card as my fancy fold project along with blue and white for colors. Our niece will be getting married soon and her bridal shower has a "Tea Party" theme.  So this was an opportune time for me to get started on her shower card. I have the perfect die cuts for this project in my stash too!

Here's my tea bag card with a few steps to creating your own!

"Love is brewing..."

The card opens and displays 2 pockets that hold tea bags.  I used coordinating patterned papers with small prints since the card itself is not very big.  The tea pot and tea cup die-cuts are new and I was excited to use them on this project.

 Back side of front cover.

Front side of pocket 1 and back side of pocket 2.

Back side of Pocket 1.

Front side of pocket 2.

Poem on the inside of back cover.  I found this poem on the web, but decided to make it more personal and changed most of the wording to fit the event.

The mini tutorial below gives you the measurements and a few steps in creating your own tea bag card.   I have added some photos to help along the way.


Measurements:
(1) 4" x 9" cardstock
(1) 7 1/2" x 8" cardstock
(4) 3 1/8" x 3 3/4" cardstock in 2nd color or patterned paper
(2) 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" cardstock in 2nd color or patterned paper

Step 1
Score the  4" x 9" cardstock at 4" and 5" and fold along score lines.  Set aside for use later.


Step 2
Take the 7 1/2" x 8" cardstock and score at 1/2" and 4" on the 7 1/2" side.  Fold along the score lines.  Using double sided tape, adhere the 1/2" fold to the other side forming a pocket that is open on both ends.



Step 3
Score the pocket at 3 3/8" and 4 3/8".  Fold along the score lines.




Step 4
Adhere the previously cut 3 1/8" x 3 3/4" and 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" pieces.  These can be embossed or stamped prior to adhering to the card pockets.
( I cut cardstock to these sizes for matting and patterned papers 1/4 smaller)


Step 5
Apply double sided tape to the spine, align and adhere to the inside of the cardstock cover.


Step 6
Embellish the front of the cover and fill the pockets.




I made this cute little bow on the teapot using my Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool.  Works great for making all different sizes of bows. 

Featured Product
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool

From my stash...
American Crafts Patterned Paper
Bazzill Cardstock
Poppystamps -  Ornate Tea Set
Poppystamps - Teacup Stack
Queen & Co. Pearls
Ribbon (DT Product)
Spellbinders Grommet Tag
Unknown: Button, clear cut clock, gold thread

  I hope I have inspired you to try making your own tea bag card.

There's still time to play along with the Craft-Dee BowZ February Challenge, and we're waiting for your entry!

Link it up at the bottom of the February Challenge post.  It lasts all month, so there's plenty of time to play along.  You could be the next winner of a 25 yard spool of fabulous ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon...