Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Shhh, the baby is sleeping!

It's my Tuesday to post a card on Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog.  Have you looked each Tuesday at the August cards made by the Design Team with the theme of "baby" and in the colors mint green, lavender and/or yellow?  And being overachievers, we set one additional goal this month and that was to use a stencil on our project.  The challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ for you this month is as usual:  ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW.


I used a Penny Black stamp of this baby hedgehog and painted him with watercolors.  The stencil on my project is Mini Dots stencil by Memory Box. I used chalk ink in shades of pink, blue and lavender and finger daubers with my stencil. The scalloped die cut around my image is by Whimsy (I cut 3 of them out to outline the lighter shade of lavender that is the top one) and the flower is a die cut by La-La Land. I took a brad, and embossed it with clear powder and while it was still hot and sticky, I dipped it in yellow flocking. I love doing this for the center of my daisies! The baby feet are buttons by Dress It Up with the backs cut off. The "sweet baby" is part of a cardboard die cut given to me, along with the ribbon, by Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ. Thanks, Donna! I painted the cardboard words with white gesso and then sponged pink and blue ink over the white and while the ink was still wet, I took Stampin' Up Iridescent embossing powder and sprinkled it all over the words and heated it up. The pink looks peach in the photograph, but it is pink and matches the stars on my background paper. I'm so sorry it doesn't show the true color!  


And here's my fabulous bow and I love how it came out. I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool to make this multi-looped bow.  The little onesie in the middle of the bow is a button from the same package from Dress It Up package that the little baby feet came in. 


I hope you like our cards for this month and have decided to participate in the challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ where ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW.  Thanks for visiting and you still have a few days to enter your card in our monthly challenge!

                                                                                      Hugs,
                                                                                      Gail