Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Thinking of You

Hi Everyone,
Barbara here. Ahh... the last full month of summer, August. Next month we will see the beginning of fall. And soon after we will all be thinking of the holidays that follow.

But for now, let me ask you, are you one of those that have lots of stencils, but hardly ever use them. Me too. Each month the designers at Craft-Dee BowZ are given a theme for our individual post. 
This month the theme for us designers is to use stencils.
So I got out some stencils, to use on my project, so let me share it with you.

First I wanted to add dimension to this card so I used Texture Paste from Ranger. At first I decided to color the paste a yellow color, so I applied it over the stencil on the panel and dried it, Then I found  I wanted a deeper color so I colored the images with my Memento markers and used the orange color you see.

After the paste was dried and colored, I decided the panel looked like it was lacking something.Too much white space. So I pulled another stencil out and just used a sponge dauber and inks and used it to add  different designs to the various areas, filling in those voids that were on the panel.

Next I made some of my handmade flowers in an orange tone and punched out a few sprigs of foliage. I added those.

Next I added my bow, and of course I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. This is a triple loop bow in a mint green. After that I added a sentiment on a tag and positioned that on the card and I am calling this one done.


Don't be afraid to add texture to your card, Apply some texture paste over a stencil, kind of glop it on. When you pull that stencil off  it will give the design on your card a really great, raised effect.  
Go for it!! LOL

Next week on Tuesday Vicki will be dropping by with her project, can't wait to see that one. Two days later, on Thursday, Aug, 13 at 10:00 p.m. EDT, Craft-Dee BowZ will be hosting their bi-monthly blog hop. The theme for the BH will be "Babies". (psst.... you are in for a treat)

OK that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by today,
See you next week