Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Time to decorate the tree!

I love making Christmas cards. I make them year round and since our weather has finally cooled down below 100 degrees here in Arizona, it's a little easier to be making winter cards. The challenge this month at Craft-Dee BowZ has been ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW for all of you.  The Design Team, however, got a bit more of a specific challenge and we were to use red, gold and silver for our colors and an ornament(s).  So, I dug out my dies and had this set of ornaments by Elizabeth Dies and some new greenery die by Sizzix and the row of trees on the bottom is a die by Marianne Design. The sentiment is by Whimsy.



Perhaps the side angle below will be more helpful. I found it difficult to photograph metallic papers, so maybe you can see that my far right ornament is gold in the below picture. The background paper is white pearl and it's giving off a bit of glare. My apologies for not being a great photographer and for making it difficult to see my red, silver and gold ornaments very clearly. I used chunky white embossing powder on my greenery and trees and 3-D white paint for my falling snowflakes.



I love the way my three bows came out. I used my Craft-Dee BowZ bow tool and whipped out these three double looped bows super quick. By using my bow tool, I also got 3 exactly the same size bows, which was a small detail that mattered to me. Thank you to Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ for the great ribbons!


Do you own a bow tool?  Do you want to own a bow tool?  If you don't have one and order one in the month of November or December, let me know and I'll send you a large number of ribbons as a bonus for getting one! I'm addicted to ribbons and have more than what I can use and happy to share with a new bow tool owner! My e-mail is on the side of my blog, here.


Have you seen Vicki's and Tracey's projects yet? Scroll down to see their projects. Such beautiful creations to encourage you to get your project submitted to Craft-Dee BowZ where the challenge is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW!