Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Whimsical Elegance

Vicki here...I'm up on the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog today sharing some holiday inspiration with you.  

This month the Design Team has been working with the colors of red, silver and gold ribbon on our projects. We are also creating ornaments, 3-D or on a card. It's the perfect time to get those decorations ready to enhance your holiday décor!

It was so much fun playing with these ribbons.  I thought the red and white print was somewhat whimsical, so I wanted to create a project that went along with that fun theme.  And, here is my "whimsical" candle holder!



I found this old wooden spool type candle holder in an antique store a while back.  It's been sitting on a shelf collecting dust, but finally has a purpose.  I trimmed it with holiday patterned paper scraps, added a cute Santa bell and finished it off with a beautiful bow created with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool.

My next project is much more elegant.  I created a rosette ornament to hang on the tree or decorate a package.


I scored two pieces of 3 1/2 " x 12" patterned paper and hot glued them together to form a circle.  Then, I gently flattened it and added four additional layers with dimensional foam tape for the 3-D effect.   The pine branch die cuts, red flowers and white leaves add a perfect festive touch along with the gold doily background, gems and gorgeous bow.

Featured Product
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool

***********************************************************************************
There's still time to play along with our November Challenge, "Anything goes and include a HANDMADE bow".  Link your entry to the November Challenge post in the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog.

Thanks for stopping by to share my holiday inspiration! 
Hope to see you here again soon.